• Walk Few Steps In Their Shoes ...

    Hello readers !!!
    This post is specifically for those people, who are big part of our system but still, we keep neglecting them. They are at the back of everything and gets credit for nothing. I am talking about the low class citizens. Their day starts and ends with hope for doing something better than the day before, but unlike us, for them better is to get more than yesterday. Okay I know what you guys might be thinking.. Isn't everyone of us are thinking of that?
     Nope, we aren't. For us, getting more is to earn more profits than last year, to get more marks than last time, to get time to watch more movies or to party more etc. But for them, getting more is to secure more food for next day, buy more warm clothes for winters, find a decent place to live in and to get their children admitted in schools etc.
    We are so much involved in our own race that we hardly notice that some other people might be suffering more in the world. Increase in inflation is making them to do things which they never imagined they will ever do in their lives. The value of money might be decreasing for us but its worth is still high for them. For example, as in this video, one note of 500 rupees can mean so much different for us and for them.

    See, this is how we differ in our needs and donating even 500 rupees (ONLY) in a month can make difference in their lives. And trust me, the mental peace you find through yoga, spas etc is nothing as compared to the satisfaction you get when you realize that the source of smile on someone's face is you 

    Stay Happy Everyone :) 


7 comments:

  1. Sara Khalili said...

    nabeha! you are just getting better and better every dayyy...a reall nice and thought provoking post..totally agree with wt u said...i see a greattt improvement there in your writing...really happy to see that..keep writing =)

  2. NabehaL said...

    Thank You Sara .. I wish to improve more though, and yup I will keep writing :)

  3. Waqas Ahmad said...

    A very timely post, great! Keep up the gud work.

  4. Anonymous said...

    wow.. this is awesome!... have you applied for google adsense yet? i think you might get accepted

  5. I know poverty is making people mean. That`s a fact. And a wealty state is making people insensitive. So I wonder ... beying mean is really worse than beying indifferent? I had good days and bad days, but if my own conscience can forgive my meanfull actions, it definetely wont forgive my careless to those who could benefit of my attention. And I say it cause it happened to me. So many people around who need help ... I can`t change their lives, I can`t afford, I count every coin I have in my wallet. But still...that doesn`t give me the right to avoid these people. At least one decent thing I can do...treat them like human beings. Show them a way to improve their lives, even if their first desire is to recive something material and almost every time they reject you if you have nothing material to give. I already specified that poverty makes them bad, but it`s not their fault. Well ... for a wealthy man who once tried to help (other way than material) and he got rejected, there is no excuse for become indifferent. People in needs just think they only need something you can put in their hands, but they actually need a way out. Our duty is to guide them, because once u give them what they think they need, you have to give them always, making them indifferent to their own destiny, but guiding them to a way out of poverty, you may have the chance to help more and more people.
    Now, don`t ask me how, cause that`s another story and I`m still thinking....

  6. NabehaL said...

    Oh wow... u gave a complete new picture to this story. Actually I think you are right.. We need to give him a way to deal with life. But my point of this blog is about value of money. How we spend money without thinking that how much valuable it is for others.
    I will write another blog on what just said. Thanks for reading. Really appreciate that :)

  7. Unknown said...

    bohat aala! :p keep writing nabeha. that is how all writers become great. i couldn't agree more. you know, i have tried experimenting on this one... living almost penniless for a day. i survived. actually, it will make you realize the things you currently have but you really don't need. you learn to place value on what you have. try it sometime. :) a bit life-changing.

Post a Comment